Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My Three Sons (in Law)

This last week has been a whirlwind for us.  My youngest daughter, Grace, has just been married, and  is now off on her honeymoon, leaving us with bills, leftovers and a warm remainder of happiness. The wedding was beautiful beyond words.  They were so happy, the groom burst into laughter during the vows.  It was a wonderful,  glowing day. 
One of my proudest treasures of the weekend, though was this photograph. 
years ago,  God blessed me with three wonderful daughters.  Now he has blessed me with three equally wonderful sons-in-in law.  cop
They are (in order) Richard Smith (for Iris), Jeff Baker (for Grace), and Mitch Sailors (for Molly.)  If I had designed three husbands for my three daughters, I could never had done it more perfectly for any of them than God did, when He sent these three men into our lives.  Each one is an answer to prayer,  suited in personality and interest for our daughters.
Richard is the most loyal,  hardworking, honest, and compassionate man I know.  He would walk through a wall for what He believes in, and he is fiercely loyal to my daughter, and to us.
Jeff is one of the smartest men I know.  He and Grace finish each others' sentences.  At the wedding, the minister said that the offspring of this union could produce and Einstein or an Emily Dickinson.  I agree.  He is also, like Richard, a passioniate,  funny, and devoted Christian.
Mitch is a hard-working, caring man who has taken on the task of raising my two grandchildren, and has already done worlds of good for Molly, Ethan and Chloe.  He is also devoted to his mother's needs, and does it all with firmness and humor. 
There's no message to this,  blog,  just a wedding toast to three men I admire and love.  Thanks to God for each one of you. May you have long, happy lives with my daughters and treat them well, because I'd hate to have to kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment