Thursday, July 16, 2009

A New Blog is Born

For those of you familiar with my other blogs, I say welcome. For those who find this blog by intention or pure random web surfing, I say welcome, too. This blog is my attempt to pull together what I have been doing with my other blogs. In the past, I've had several blogs, one for my new book, one for poetry, and one for everything else. Keeping up several blogs has proven to be harder than I thought,and more confusing. So I am pulling it together to make it easier to find and hopefully easier to read. The big news in my life right now is that my book, Mapping the Christian Life, has come out under RevPress and is available online through Amazon, Evergreen Press, or by writing yours truly. I found this by accident today. I did a google search of my book and first discovered it being sold by an English onliine bookstoer for eleven pounds, twenty-eght shillings. You can't imagine how fun it is to say "shillings" in regard to something I've written. Mapping the Christian Life is about the stages we Christians go through in our journey from initial contact with Christ to our final days on earth with Him. It is based on the Psalms of Degrees, the fifteen psalms that lie between Psalm 120 and 134. My goal in writing this book is to give Christian leaders, pastors, and ordinary Christians some perspective on the long road before them. We often think about where we are today. We do not think enough about where we were and where we will be tomorrow in regard to our faith. I hope you will all order the book now and read it. When you do, I would appreciate it if you would drop me a line telling me how you like it. I am looking for testimonials to help when I present it to others. I have set up a new blog for the book. You can reach it by clicking on the picture of the book or by navigating to http://Mappingthechristianlife.blogspot.com. I am also looking for opportunities to speak about this and other related issues. You can reach me at bfleming2@carolina.rr.com. In future weeks, you'll be seeing many kinds of things on this blog. I hope you'll become a regular follower of mine. Whether you do or don't, I hope you won't be shy about giving me your feedback.

No comments:

Post a Comment