Saturday, September 17, 2011

Birthday Blessings

Today is my fifty-eight birthday. That means I am middle=aged, if I live to be a hundred and sixteen.  Not that I feel it.  In many ways, I feel younger than I have ever been .  Aside from gray hair, slowness of body and forgetfulness of mind,  I could still be twenty five.  It's an exciting time for me right now--I am beginning a new job,  writing books, making new friends,  and learning new things all the time.  Instead of winding down, I am just winding up.  I am looking forward to the future, growing spiritually and in happiness.  I plan to write at least nine books before I dea, and to influence at least one more generation. 
Besides that, I as I hurtle into geezer-hood,  there is so much to look forward to.  Such as


--senior specials at the cafeteria
--driving slow
--giving long monologues to younger people on my physical ailments
--wearing plaid shorts over skinny chicken legs.
--not having to be chic, polite, or sociable.
--complaining about kids
--having enough hearing loss to only hear what I want to hear, and not what I don't.
--Having enough vision loss to look good in the mirror
--Having enough memory loss to remember the past just the way I wanted it
--Wisdom, someday
--Having beautiful women think I'm cute again,  even if I am just a cute old man
--Not needing a comb
--Being the person I have always been becoming
--Having relationships based solely on enjoying one others' company
--Letting people know what I really think
--soft, sentimental music
--Not having to prove a thing
--spoiling grandchildren
--heaven. 



Aging isn't so bad, when you think of it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment